Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Nairobi

Jambo!
I made it to Kenya safely with only a few problems....long story but i accidentally left my laptop in the security at LAX and didnt realize it until i was halfway from Minneapolis to Amsterdam. Luckily my Dad was able to drive down to the airport and pick it up after we realized it was there. it might be a little more difficult to blog and skype now but ill try my best (:

Nairobi is amazing, its one of the biggest cities in Eastern Africa so it has big buildings, tons of cars and CRAZY drivers, people walking all through the roads, its pretty run-down though and there are slums throughout the city. We are here for one more night waiting for the rest of the team to fly in. We are then going to drive to Kitale, its about an 8 hour drive. Im excited to see most of the country. Kitale is a very rural, small town, so it will be very different from Nairobi. Today we have been getting ready for the rest of the trip, we went to a huge relief center where they had ordered TONS of supplies to give out. I was able to see a lot of the city and ive already bought a whole bunch of stuff (: lots of jewelry.

I am so excited to jump into things and go to Oasis of Hope and the schools and hospitals.
Keep praying and pray for the rest of the team as they fly in, a group of them, we just found out, got stuck in Belgium for 24 hours so they will be a day behind us.

No pictures yet but ill put some up soon (: love you guys!

4 comments:

  1. Brittany Jo, I am so proud of you. There is nothing more valuable that you could dedicate your time to than serving the Lord. I have been praying for you for two days straight, and i will continue to pray for you all day long. Be safe and smart. All my love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey this is theo i dont have an accoount so i used jooho's... whats jambo? how is it!?! i miss you have fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. BJ,

    this is kinda fun reading your little blog entries... Wow! I cannot believe you're in Kenya. JESUS! (Am I allowed to say that?) Anyways, I will continue to read your entries for a couple more days until I leave myself for my trip! Be safe Dudeeee. And don't be afraid to walk on the wild side? hahahaha :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. b, i am so happy you got there safely and i cant wait to hear about your drive to kitale! take lots and lots of pictures for me love you:)
    xoxo, k

    ReplyDelete